Indeed Injury Is Synonymous With Every Form Of Sports


Indeed injury is synonymous with every form of sports whether competitive or  not.
I blogged a lot on diet, strengthening and cross training in the beginning to forestall these but injuries just must happen with either normal training or "competitive" sporting events.

I keep rechecking if we got it wrong at any time but truth is any successful marathon program for those with base running is usually for 100days or 3 to 4 months max. Weekly runs are averaged between 40 to 45 miles. (64 – 96kms). In 5 months of training we only nearly got here once or twice.

For the over 5 months plan and we assumed not everyone has the basics so we incorporated all. I am sure we didn’t get up to 30miles (48kms) weekly at some point. With the 5 months we broke our training into 5 phases, stability which was lots of insanity work outs, strengthening, Speed works i.e. the hill runs and back to back, pace and range runs.  Our longest weekly mileage was two weeks ago 84kms (about 52miles) and this week’s 100 (62 miles).  We had remained on the average of 40 to 60 kms weekly  with some quality and quality runs. Gradually we increased pace and distance and we based this on our individual abilities from our noted MPs.  It gets competitive sometimes (which is common with group sports) and some people forget  but chose to push harder and run faster than their usual formation. Nothing wrong with that as long as we learn to return back to form.

Indeed injury is synonymous with every form of sports whether competitive or  not. A multitude of situations can result in a sports-related injury. Being aware of the risk factors goes a long way in preventing them. This is why from start  a lot was blogged on this for us to pay attention. Though relatively I would say, I have been lucky,  I have had my fair share of injuries at the early stage of becoming a marathoner but because I knew I wanted to enjoy  this sport "running" for a long haul. I paid attention to know all I needed to know and make out time and effort to incorporate those that I can.  I also try to share all of this, though it is impossible for everyone to practice same as we all have our individual priorities and commitments. But surely, since we are no longer in our 20s we must listen to our bodies and do the right things.


The Whip

0 comments :

Post a Comment

© Copyright 2014. ROAD WARRIORS FITNESS All Rights Reserved.